On Faith

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you”. –Matthew 17:20

Allow me to write a little about this topic, though I think I am not the most credible person to discuss on it. Yet in my simple experiences as a school paper adviser I am pretty sure that I have something to share to you.

Literally, I am not an obvious or a showy religious person, but in my heart, I am.

I truly believe that there is this good vibration I call it “divine energy” which is always with me wherever I go. As my mother used to tell me when I was a child, “don’t forget to utter any prayer, even a very short silent prayer like “ ‘God, you’re powerful so please help me’ in whatever you do”. And so I avidly do that in compliance to my kind and loving mother until it became an involuntary reaction of my brain in every endeavour of my life.

Let me tell you this personal anecdote for me is so real, so unique, so blissful and worth to be shared.


During the 2008 National Schools Press Conference in Naga City, I know there is a positive power which is so strong and mystical, whispering me that I will not go home “zero” or in other word- a loser with my two school papers: The Central Point in English and Centreglipiks in Filipino and with my pupil contestant in photojournalism contest. Since I am a true-blue Bicolano from my hometown Albay before I came to Cavite to work as a teacher, I strongly believe that the Virgin of Penafrancia, the patroness saint of Naga City and of the Bicolanos will not fail my prayers to win.





Miracle of all miracles, the Virgin really granted my wishes. Both of my school papers won in the group contest and my pupil contestant’s name was also called as a winner in the category he has joined in.

I was more than overjoyed. I know that the Virgin of Penafrancia not only granted my petitions because I am a fellow Bicolano, but because I truly believe in myself. I was in seventh heaven during that moment. No material thing can equate with the happiness that I had. And I asked myself, why did it happen? But the answer is quiet clear, aside from the time we spent for thorough practice and the time we spent to publish our school organs and the talent and ideas we exerted to write credible articles and excellent photos - which others also did, I know my edge from them. I just have this so called STRONG FAITH in GOD ALMIGHTY and that is all.

I hope all of you have this too.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sample Program for a Debut Party: Featuring Cyrill Flores 18th Birthday

MADES' Ang Grinfilds, champion best school paper in CALABARZON

Speech of a New Principal